Everyone has a role to play in preventing suicide. There are a number of ways to get involved locally and nationally. Community walks and local crisis centers are great ways to get involved and raise awareness. Even the smallest time commitment can make a tremendous impact. Check out the links below and start making a difference today.
- ASPF | Community walks
- Join more than a quarter of a million people united across hundreds of cities to raise awareness and funds that will save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide. Click above to find your event and get started today.
- ASPF | Join a local chapter
- With local programs and events in all 50 states, AFSP’s chapters are at the forefront of suicide prevention. They create a culture that’s smart about mental health through education and community programs, research and advocacy, and support for those affected by suicide. Click above to find a local chapter in your community.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | Direct action
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of over 170 local crisis centers, allowing the Lifeline to provide local resources with innovative best practices and quality care across the United States. Counselors at these centers can then provide appropriate local resources if needed. The Lifeline accepts applications for new centers to join the network on a rolling basis. Click above to learn more.
You can also make a direct contribution to the Frankie V Polletta foundation by clicking here.